Saturday, May 23, 2009

FINALLY, A GOOD SUMMER MOVIE!

This has nothing to do with scrapbooking or crafting, but I have to talk about it anyway! As a Trekkie from years gone by, I have to say how much I LOVED the new Star Trek movie! The special effects and even the acting by a relative group of unknowns was superb! I think they managed to do an excellent job of catching the flair and feel of the original show with all the show- stopping, jaw-dropping action and effects available in modern movie-making. The characters of Kirk, Spock, Bones, Sulu and Scotty were pretty good, my only disconnect was with Checkov, and to some extent, Uhura. But hey, Uhura and Spock? Hmmm, fodder for thought! By far the best movie I've seen since the Lord of the Rings and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (my PERSONAL favorites for their overtly Christian themes). IMHO. :-) Back to your Memorial Day weekend... and don't forget to pray for our troops as they lay down thier lives for ours in defending freedom, and for all the ones who have already died defending our right to live free!

Keep the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment