Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A FINISHED DAYS TO CELEBRATE BOOK




I've been promising a picture of this project for quite some time, so enjoy the photos of this particular version. I have another one using patterned paper that I'll try to post when I finish it. I'm working on a tutorial for this project, and if you know me, you know I am nothing if not thorough when it comes to documentation! :-)

Here is a brief synopsis of some of the tools I used to complete this project.

*Zutter Bind-It-All with brass 3/4" wires
*Cricut Tags, Bags and Boxes Cartridge to cut the tags (I also trimmed 1/2" off the bottom of each tag)
*Stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps; Log It, Days to Celebrate, Colossal Title Outline and Coaster Calendar
*Ribbons are American Crafts
*Buttons, eyelet and brad from Hobby Lobby
*Inks used; Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Lady Bug, VersaMagic Jumbo Java for aging, Versamark for clear embossing, and the Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves for the book title
*Paper is Bazzill and Neenah Solar White
*Copic 0.35 black multiliner pen to write in Date, Name, Birth and Anniv on the tags (there are stamps included in the Days to Celebrate set that you can also use to stamp in those headers)

Finished size of the book is 4 x 6.

What I really like about the Log-It stamp set is the grid can be used for all kinds of things. I chose to use it for this project and in the right-hand columns I put the year the person was born (so I don't foget how old they are) and used the last column for anniversaries. If you put the year the person was married, you won't let their 25th wedding anniversary go by without that special gift... like I forgot my brother's 25th wedding anniversary because I did not reference my handy little book. Sigh.

Look for more hints and tips in the full project tutorial, coming soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment