Monday, March 23, 2009

CMN, WHAT A WONDERFUL CROP!

I don't know how many of you were able to attend, but Cox Health and the Scrapbooking Momeez put together a wonderful charity crop for the Children's Miracle Network this past weekend. I was one of the vendors to attend along with my good friend Lori McCroskey from Clear Dollar Stamps, the Momeez Debbie and Angie (of course!), Sheri Beersman with the ScrapNook in Bolivar (and shortly to have a store here on the north side of Springfield) as well as folks from Close to My Heart and Stampin' Up! As usual, we had a wonderful crowd of about 85 croppers and never a dull moment! I was able to convince my accountant hubby to hang out with me for most of the event as I had to be away from my booth to teach a class. This was quite the sacrifice for him, as he is a HUGE March Madness participant and to miss the games while watching a bunch of women cut and paste was a great gift. Who could ask for a better hubby than that? :-) I am truly blessed!

We did a couple of make-n-takes and I taught the Days to Celebrate birthday book class. We were completely booked at the event, so for those of you who wanted to take the class, I will be offering it in April at both the north and south side Hobby Lobby stores on several dates, and I will confirm the times in a later post. I will list my scheduled dates and times for both stores, but they are always subject to change and by enrollment. To take a class, you will need to contact me directly, the stores do not take reservations. You can reach me at 417.350.4569 or at 417.833.8760. If the schedule doesn't offer a convenient date, give me a call, as I still offer classes at my house. You can also see projects for sale at Neighborhood Pizza Cafe, along with the current schedule of classes. That should be back up by this weekend. :-)

Saturday's crop was such a wonderful time to catch up with old friends and support a wonderful cause at the same time. If you didn't purchase a shirt, you can still contact the Scrapbooking Momeez!

Here is my standard Hobby Lobby schedule, keeping in mind that it is always subject to change. You can pick up a calendar of Hobby Lobby classes next to the store sale fliers. Classes are subject to enrollment, I usually need at least four people enrolled to confirm a class, so bring your friends! These do make wonderful Mother's Day gifts as well as Christmas gifts if you want to get a head start on the holidays!

Northside Hobby Lobby
Every Tuesday Night from 5:30p to 7:30p
Every Thursday Afternoon from 1:00p to 3:00p
Saturday, April 25th time TBD

Southside Hobby Lobby
Every Friday Afternoon from 1:00 to 3:00p
Saturday, April 18th time TBD

I'll be teaching the Days to Celebrate Birthday Book both Saturdays (one at north side and one at south side) and Tuesday Nights at Northside. Class fee at Hobby Lobby is $15. Other class subjects and times are TDB.

For the Days to Celebrate class you will need to bring a ruler and pencil, paper adhesive to apply paper to chipboard and to seal envelopes (glue stick works well to adhere paper to chipboard and any kind of adhesive you can apply in a thin line works well for the envelope), a trimmer and a scoring tool would be handy to bring, along with a eyelet setting tool. We will be using the Zutter Bind-it-All and I'll be demoing a Scor-Pal scoring board. If you like to age your projects, then bring your favorite aging ink! Examples of the projects should be available by this weekend at both stores.

We'll be looking forward to having a crafty time!

Have a catscrappy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment