Monday, March 16, 2009

WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND

Tomorrow I'll be "working for the weekend" as an old Loverboy song goes. I have a LOT to DO before Saturday gets here as we prepare for the CMN crop, the Scrapbooking for Miracles crop held Saturday, March 21, 2009, from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm at the Wesley United Methodist Church at 922 W. Republic Road, in Springfield, MO. This crop is presented by Cox Health Nursing, Cox Health North Outpatient Therapy Services and the Scrapbooking Momeez and benefits the Children's Miracle Network. This is one of the best crops in Springfield, you'll find old friends here and make new ones too. They are offering classes and various types of make-n-takes at the vendor tables, mine included! ;-) You can find out more about the crop on the Scrapbooking Momeez web site here.

As in previous years, my booth for Conquest Keepsakes will be set up next to Clear Dollar Stamps. I design stamps for Lori and we like to tag team the attendees with some of the best make-n-takes in southwest Missouri. I have heard of some people coming up from Joplin to attend the crop. I'm sure they are ready to get their hands a little inky, don't you? You know who you are! Lori will be showcasing her knew stamp sets for the month of March, and if you're REALLY lucky, you might even get a sneak peak at some April stamps! Be sure to check out her web site and her blog. Her blog has some of the best tutorials and tips that I've seen anywhere. [grin] OK, so I wrote of couple of them along with a few other guest designers...

That brings me to the class that I am offering at the Children's Miracle Crop this Saturday. This class utilizes one of my most FAVORITE tools, the Zutter Bind-It-All, along with two other tools that I really like, my Cuttlebug and Cricut Expressions. You all know I am Arr--rrr--RR tooltime about tools, especially those that plug in or make scrunching noises. You may laugh, but I have a serious problem with tool addiction! Ask my hubby, he's the first to tell you not to get between me and my tools. I OWN THEM ALL! Cricut, 7Gypsies Binderie (I'll have that at the crop), Crop-A-Diles ad nauseum, Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Sizzlets, mat cutters, knives, Melt Pot, heat guns, punches, corner rounders, cordless Dremmel tool (woo-hoo-oo), 15 rulers (don't ask), Nestabilities dies from Spellbinder, I could go on. My hubby will tell you that if it plugs in or uses batteries, it's ALL ME! I'm a sick puppy. And I digress.

Back to the class. We will be using the BIA (Bind-It-All) to make a very cute wire-bound book. You will have two choices of the type of book to make, the Birthday Book or the Prayer Journal. This cute little darlin' of a book can be made using library envelopes or you can cut your own, or even use your Cricut with the Boxes, Bags, Tags and More cartridge. It cuts a very nice envelope and tag, should you choose to go that route. All papers will be cut for you, this will be an assembly party! We want to make this a fun class without having you drag a trolley of supplies to the class and camping all day at my table.

However, you do need to bring a few supplies and tools to the class, Here is what you need to bring for this class: 1) your favorite adhesive (I would recommend Zip Dry, my new FAVORITE adhesive), 2) scissors, 3) a brown chalk ink pad for aging (but optional), 4) a fingernail file (one of those big black ones you can buy at the Dollar Store, Walmart, Walgreens, etc.), 5) pop-dots or other dimensional adhesive, 6) Crop-A-Dile or other eyelet setting tool, 7) a folding bone will come in handy, and 7) any stamps and inks that you think you might like to use. If you don't have the supplies you need, I know that most of these things can be purchased at one of the onsite stores.

I've posted some sample pictures at the bottom of this post and a full copy of the tutorial will be made available to class attendees. The sampels posted are not the colors we are using for this class, but the look and feel will be similar. This project has several paper options to choose from, 1) Kaiser Craft paper from the Elegance line, 2) Kaiser Craft Paper from the Old World line, and 3) Basic Grey paper from their Porclain or Marakesh line. When you walk away from this class, you will have a beautifully bound book with gorgeous ribbons, beads and embellishments, along with some extra embellishments for another project. Come over to my booth and take a look at the kits and pick yours before they're gone! Space is very limited! Cost for this class is $15 and worth every penny and then some...I see Christmas gifts to friends in your futures!

All of these papers and embellishments, along with supplies for the BIA will be available for purchase at Scrapbooking Momeez, Clear Dollar Stamps, Scrap Nook and Conquest Keepsakes. I'll have a complete selection of wires, covers, and closures, some that you cannot find anywhere else, or you can place an order from me or CDS for what you don't see. My tip of the week BEFORE you come? Go use your 40% coupon and purchase a BIA at Hobby Lobby and bring it with you to the crop!

I'll be posting everyday up until the crop with more information on our make-n-takes, door prizes and a show stealer of a product, you won't want to miss this! Also some new and fascinating news on the scrapbooking front! Stay tuned...

Now, enjoy a few pictures...



1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could go! I would love to do your make and take and hang out with you all!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete