Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN

I must have some latent urge to watch old movies and listen to old hymns, as those seem to be the things that pop into my head when I get up in the morning and go to post on my blog! Actually, every morning when I wake up, my brain already has a song embedded in it. I am not sure how that works, so I am going to say it is Divine Intervention. I think God gives me a song to hum every morning that somehow fits my day when I think about it at the end of the day. Normally these songs are hymns that I learned growing up or it could be one of the praise songs we sing at church or a new song from the radio (once it was row, row, row your boat...NOT analyzing that one), but sometimes, the song I get is a real thinker. Those songs are usually good old hymns, many of which the words were taken right out of The Word of God (aka, The Bible). Like today. The song of the day? "His Eye is on the Sparrow." Now this is an old traditional favorite of mine, as sung by Selah. I was brushing my teeth, the bathroom windows were open and the birds outside were just chittering away, and the sound of it just captured me in that moment and BAM! the words just popped into my head. That song touches me in so many ways, to think that God is specifically watching me today, that His eye is on me, ME! He CARES for plain little old me brushing my teeth and wondering if my husband's interview for a job will go well today (hes' been unemployed for four months so far). The words aren't long, but the message is straight from The Word just for times like these when life feels uncertain. Here are the words:

"Why do I feel discouraged? Why do the shadows come? And why does my heart feel lonely and long for heaven untold? When Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is He, His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me. So I sing because I'm happy, and I sing because I'm free! Yeah, His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."

I am special and unique and God loves me for exactly who I am, right this very minute, even if I am like the man behind the curtain running to and fro trying to put up an illusion of grandeur and magnificence and have others think I am more than what I am. At the end of the day, I am still God's child, deeply loved and cherished, no matter what I actually get done on my list! Now, that makes me happy and puts a song in my heart. I just try not to sing out loud, the cat's haven't started a fan web site for my singing capabilities yet—they're too busy covering their ears! teehee

I'm getting ready to fire up the Cricut and put in some major project prep time. I'm a big believer in the right tool for the right job, especially when it comes to prepping for a class. One of the best things about going to CHA is seeing all the new tools! I just LOVE tools! There weren't as many this time (OK, I'll qualify that by saying "not many that I would USE"), but I did order one really nifty tool/appliance that I am absolutely DYING to use, but I've not had the time to fire it up! Can you believe that?! This nifty new product comes from the other side of the pond, and I am sure that once I start using it, it may break me financially! Possibly mentally too... But I'm not going to tell you what it is until I've actually USED it. Hopefully that will be before April...

You'll just have to get the deets later! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment